Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 4--Recap

So, I've been MIA, but that doesn't mean I have given up. Just had a busy weekend. On Thursday of last week, I completed the trifecta of not waking up for my morning run, but again, I made up for it in the afternoon. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill in a little under 40 minutes. I'm working to run faster on my short runs in order to improve my speed and get ready for my 5k that is next Saturday.

Then on Saturday, I set out to kick 8 miles's butt again. And.....I did. I completely rocked it and am so proud of myself. I stayed at my parent's house and so I ran in the back of their neighborhood. It was a great route and I really felt great the entire time. My knees hurt a little, but nothing that was too bad. I felt like I was going really slow and wound up finishing in 1:32, which is slow but good...and then I realized that I went too far in one direction so I actually ran over 8.5 miles when I relooked at my route map. But the great thing is, even if I had taken 1:32 to run the 8 miles, it still would have been a great run. I just felt really good, had a positive mental attitude, and actually felt like I had more in the tank when I was done.

So now Week 5 begins. I did a little too much imbibing on Saturday night at the LSU party, so I skipped my Sunday run. I plan to make it up this afternoon. Obviously it will be inside because it is a monsoon right now. And then I'm off to LA for the week, so now begins the ultimate question, can I keep up with my marathon training schedule while busy on the road???? The answer to that question and much more on the next installment of "iheartryan's running blog."

Hahaha, so much suspense.....

No comments:

Post a Comment