Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 3 -- Tuesday

Not much to report today. I hadn't planned on doing any running because I was supposed to be at a research project in Philly all day and then catching a late flight to Texas. As it turns out, both projects got canceled or postponed, so here I am with nothing to do. Anyways, I decided to go to the gym and take it easy today. I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes and then lifted some free weights. I wasn't feeling particularly great, so I cut it kind of short on the weights. (Just to give you a clue about my mindset, I went to Smoothie King after the gym. I decided to get two smoothies using a coupon I had. I decided I wanted a Berry Punch and a MangoFest. I order the Berry Punch and then asked for a Blackberry Dream. I have no idea where that came from. I've never had one of those and didn't even know they existed. I guess it is on the menu next to MangoFest and I somehow read it out loud. I didn't even catch it in time to change my answer. So I sit here drinking my blackberry dream and realizing this whole training thing is way more tiring and mentally exhausting than I ever imagined.)

So, today was uneventful but tomorrow is pretty important. It will be my first attempt at 8 miles. I've decided to move up my long run to Wednesday since I will be in Madison all weekend. I still plan to head out on a trail in the WI, but I think it is a better idea to shoot for 6 miles in a strange town instead of 8. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment